Since 1998, urban university (uu) has played a significant role in training the Bay Area’s workforce. uu offers customized assessment, training, and coaching services for non-profit and for-profit workplaces. With a focus in preparing entry level employees, incumbent workers, and new supervisors for success at work, uu brings more than sixteen years of instructional design and delivery experience to employers, post-secondary institutions, and workforce development organizations.
uu’s capabilities include the following customized training programs and services:
WorkSmart: Wrap Around Workforce Development Training and Coaching Services
- Customized Wrap-Around Services to include candidate recruitment, assessment, screening, selection, case management and retention services based on SCANS and WorkSmart competencies as an integral component of workforce development initiatives;
- Customized soft skills training aligned with participant employability, employer, and sector expectations;
- Grant Administrative Services to include Department of Labor/Employment Development Department JTA input and tracking.
- WrapAround Service Clients include: The Bar Association of San Francisco LEAP Program, SFWORKS OnRamp Biotech Training Program, Jewish Vocational Services Sector Initiatives, Glide Memorial Foundation, Goodwill Industries, San Francisco Department of Human Services LIFT Program, PG&E PowerPathway Program, Laney College Oakland Green Jobs Corps Program.
WorkSmart Incumbent Training: Soft Skills Training for Incumbent Workers
- Incumbent Training Clients include: SFWorks Legal Star Program, Recology Inc.
Smart Supervisor: Corporate Supervisor Training and Development
- Customized supervisor training and coaching services for entry-level supervisors in the business sector.
- Corporate Supervisor Training Clients include: UCSF Radiology Department, SF Auto Return; CCSF’s Contract Education Department, Berkshire-Hathaway Homestate Companies.
For more information about these services, please contact Tracey Weaver at firstname.lastname@example.org