The mission of our stores is to educate, employ, and empower single moms transitioning from public assistance by providing on-the-job training in customer service and retail skills with personal and professional development coaching. You can donate by making a monetary donation or donating your goods.
Quality donations are paramount to the success of our mission. urban furniture and urban boutique accept gently used furniture, home goods, and clothing for resale at our stores. All donations are accepted during store hours. Donations are tax exempt and will receive a donation receipt.
We also pick-up large furniture for free. Call (510) 835-3165 to schedule a pick-up appointment.
We accept quality:
- Furniture (indoor & outdoor)
- Small appliances & electronics
- Small tools & gardening items
- Men & women’s clothing
- Accessories (ties, belts, hats, scarves, purses)
- Shoes & boots
We do not accept:
- Worn furniture
- Mattresses & box springs
- Sofa beds
- Large entertainment centers
- Over-sized office furniture
- Children’s car seats & toys
- Clothing & shoes in poor condition
- Used lingerie & sleep wear
- Bathing suits
- Children’s clothing
- Perfume & cologne
We occasionally utilize “do not take lists,” based on space availability. Please contact the stores for additional information.